Monday, February 25, 2008

I Heart Typography


After a weekend of panic attacks, dissatisfied work, and misery, I decided to take a break from DP and reward myself with some typography lovin'. That's right- I love fonts. Dave spent about 4 hours going over typography this morning, in preparation for the production of our business cards/marketing materials. I'm sure some of my classmates wanted to stab themselves in the eye with their Wacom pen, but I loved it. I've always been really interested in fonts; I love how you can convey an idea or emotion just by the shape of letters, regardless of the actual written content. I'm just fooling around for now; I'm not necessarily going to keep either this color or content, but I kind of like the top left font. It's cartoony, but in a subtle way. In case I don't want to be subtle, there's the top right card. It screams "I'm an animator, damn it." Lastly, I'm considering doing a nautical theme for my business card- whales, treasure maps, and whatnot. So I found a a treasure map font, believe it or not. It's not that fun, but it would fit the theme, anyway.

1 comment:

Jimmy Leandro said...

illiterate crackwhore? not the susan I know