Sunday, February 10, 2008

Storyboard

Ok, so we've been told that we have to make 2 posts a week. I don't know if I'm interesting enough to make 2 meaningful posts a week, but whatev.

I'm taking a step back with my DP. Leland thinks that I'm being a bit too anal in carefully animating out small scenes. He wants me to go and make an animatic for the entire film, so that we can make sure the movement and everything is ok. I sat down and tried to do it a dozen times on my computer, but kept blanking. So I took out a pen and some paper and hand-drew out a very rough storyboard (pen and paper! How novel). I used to make much more detailed, illustrative storyboards, but now I just make these super roughed out ones. It's more to establish camera angles and placement of characters.
In other news... I found out that my "Lost Friend" film has been accepted into the Boston Underground Film Festival. I'm pretty surprised, but was happy to hear that [at least] 2 other Massart kids got their work in. I'm more interested in getting our school's program recognized over any personal recognition that I may receive. I think that it will be more important in the long run.

1 comment:

YoPaulie said...

WHOO HOO Congrats!!

As for the storyboard, I always work out rough layout in storyboard first, even if it's stick figures. It helps, somehow, and even if just to straighten crap out in your mind.