Monday, March 3, 2008

Business Cards - Part 2 - WTF

























Well, here is my second business card design. We had to make it completely different from our first design, so I thought to myself, "What's the opposite of marine animals?" The answer, of course, is toast. I also wanted to use a completely different color palette from what I would normally employ; I looked to the designs of Mary Blair for inspiration. She used ridiculously loud and bright colors, but made them go together incredibly well. For those of you who know me and my usual work- do I seem like someone who would come up with the idea to use both bright red and bright magenta? On the same freaking layout?! Anyway, this design was stamped as an Epic Fail by my class. Jimmy commented that the toast "...is so out there- even for you." I'm sort of disappointed- I wanted to design at least a half dozen other toast characters. (Sweeney Todd toast! Marching Band toast! Am I the only one who's finding these funny?)

1 comment:

Laura Piraino said...

make new toast people! please they're hysterical haha they just don't quite represent the susan chien awesomeness the way your whale and octapus do,