Thursday, April 17, 2008

Titles


On one of the "Seinfeld" DVDs, Jerry Seinfeld talks about why all of the show's episodes are named "The _____" (e.g., "The Contest," "The Pony"). He said that he didn't want the writers wasting time by sitting around and thinking up clever titles every week. I wish I could do the same- I have never been very good at thinking up titles for my films. For my DP, I wrote down a handful of potential titles a few months ago (they all seemed stupid to me), and then promptly forgot about them. Fast forward a few months- now I have to think about it. We're supposed to be working on our film posters, and I still can't decide on what I want as the title. I had previously written down "Southern Exposure" (and one of my classmates even suggested it), due to the inspiration that the show "Northern Exposure" gave me to move to a small town. But I don't know- it seems a little too predictable. God. If anybody has any ideas, please let me know.

No comments: