Friday, May 23, 2008

Graduation!



Even though the occasional cloud chased the sun, the weather held on what turned out to be a somewhat hot afternoon in front of MassArt. A New Orleans jazz band started it all off, and we heard some lovely speeches from the faculty and visiting artists. (Hilariously, almost all of the speeches mentioned the high probability that we would be broke/unemployed as professional artists.) I was so happy to see that some of my pharmacy interns (pictured here) showed up to wish me congratulations, too! When commencement ended, the faculty started to leave the stage, and they played the Who's "Baba O'Riley" (aka "the Teenage Wasteland" song) as we threw our caps in the air. As I stuffed my face with carrot cake at the reception afterwards, it was hard to imagine that it was finally all over. In fact, I still felt like I was going to be returning here in September, ready for another year of projects. I will truly miss my wonderful classmates in the animation department. Stay in touch, guys!

No comments: