Friday, July 4, 2008

I ♥ Herskovits

Perhaps you've been wondering what I've been up to since graduating in May. Surprised that I haven't already packed up my stuff and moved out to California already? Well, first things first. People, I'm EXHAUSTED. Not just from working non-stop on my DP from Sept. - May this past school year (although that was enough to send me into nervous breakdown territory). But I've been working full-time at the pharmacy and going to school full-time (except for the last 2 semesters) during the 4 years of my MassArt experience. I am too tired right now to immediately start the job hunt/career launch at full throttle. This summer, I just want to hang out with Michael, drink some Sam Adam's Summer Ale, work at the pharmacy and save money, and catch up on my books and movies.

That's why it was a nice surprise that a freelance job fell into my lap last month. One of my teachers sent our class' DP DVD to a local film studio, Vital Pictures. They liked our work and hired Laura, Brian, and me to help make the animation sequences for their documentary, "Herskovits: A Jew At the Heart of Blackness." Laura and I are very excited at the opportunity. The type of animation that they want from us is more artsy than commercial, and they are very open to our creative input and opinions. Everybody at the studio is very nice and collaborative, so I am enjoying the job greatly. Here's a trailer for the film:

video

No comments: