Thursday, July 3, 2008

Wall-E

Laura and I went to go see "Wall-E" yesterday. I'm always excited for a new Pixar movie, but I was particularly looking forward to seeing this one. I'm a semi-fan of sci-fi, and a big fan of robots. I was hoping that the film would be extremely kick-ass, since I was somewhat let down by "Cars." Needless to say, I was not disappointed. In fact, "Wall-E" is not just my favorite Pixar movie at the moment, it may be one of my favorite movies of all time. I'm sure there are people who will say that it's not the laugh-a-minute riot that "Finding Nemo" is, or that it has an overly simplistic storyline compared to, say, "The Incredibles." However, for an aspiring character animator like myself, I couldn't get over how amazingly well done the animation is. That the animators could breathe that much life into a tiny, animated robot is mind-boggling. You quickly forget that you're even watching a cartoon, and you start to just watch the film with the acceptance that Wall-E is real.

(As an added bonus for me, the end credits featured a new song by Peter Gabriel, one of my favorite musicians. He hasn't had a new song come out in awhile, so I was pretty excited.)

2 comments:

AlanB said...

I'm so excited about seeing Wall-E. Doesn't come out here for a few weeks, so so psyched.

Lindsay said...

I cried from the opening credits till the very end of the closing credits, this is how pathetic I am.

I loved it SO much.