Sunday, October 17, 2010

Keanu Reeves: A Face Too Pretty To F Up


I am having a fun time cartoon-izing Sasha, the actress who will be in the "Keanuville" video. She is one of us- you know, a normal person. On the other hand, I am being frustrated by my attempts to make a cartoon Keanu. Because he is not one of us. He is one of the Beautiful People. As I start stripping away some of the details from his face (so that I can then animate and redraw him over and over quickly), he starts to lose a lot of his Keanu-ness, and just looks like Regular Handsome Guy. I had to do a lot of different versions before I settled on this one. Rain is less worried about how closely he looks to his real-life counterpart than I am, so I guess we'll leave it at that. Her only other suggestion is that we change Sasha's hair to a lighter, blonde color, since I am animating a fantasy/dream sequence, and she would imagine herself to be younger.

No comments: